More than 2,500 Saba doctors are in practice today, and all of them were once where you are now, asking themselves the key question: Why Saba? What is it about this school that can make my dream of becoming a doctor more likely?
Here are the facts that set Saba apart:
- Excellent residency placements: Saba’s residency placements are on par with U.S. schools and are significantly higher than most other international schools.
- 99% USMLE Step 1 first-time pass rate: In 2014, our students outperformed those at 89% of U.S. medical schools.*
- Practice anywhere in the U.S. and Canada: Saba is one of the few international schools approved by the key states of New York, California and Florida—meaning our students are eligible to practice in all 50 states.
- Eligible for U.S. and Canadian loans: Saba is one of just five Caribbean medical schools approved for participation in the U.S. William D. Ford Direct Loan Program.
- Affordable tuition: We believe a top-quality medical education needn’t come with crushing debt, and have worked hard to maintain a tuition that’s 30% to 40% lower than that at comparable schools. (Compare Saba's cost here.)
- European accreditation: Because Saba is a Dutch island, Saba University is accredited by the Netherlands—making it the only medical school in the Caribbean held to high European standards.
- Modern curriculum: In line with contemporary trends in medical education, Saba’s curriculum emphasizes greater integration between case-based learning and clinical skills development.
*Based on U.S. News & World Report analysis of self-reported 2014 USMLE data.